Sandwich Sprouts produce a blend of sweet and sour flavours in a thick and tasty mound. Combining well with cheese, tomato, hamburgers, pickles, etc, they pack a sandwich with vitamins and protein, iron and other minerals. Sandwich sprouts can also be used in stir fries, casseroles, soups, stews etc. They are very easy to produce, can be grown all year round and are ready in just 2-6 days!
Sowing Instructions. All you need is a glass jar, tumbler etc, muslin, J cloth or cloth cover and elastic band.
1. Spoon quantity of seed required into jar.
2. Secure cloth cover firmly with band and ¾ fill jar with warm water.
3. Shake jar vigorously for 10 seconds.
4. Drain water away without removing cloth cover.
5. Place container on its side in warm dark place. The ideal temperature is around 25C (75F).
REPEAT stages 2,3,4 & 5 TWICE DAILY until sprouts are ready to eat.
Growing Instructions. For white sprouts leave in the dark, for green ones bring into light after 2-3 days. One cup of Sandwich sprouts will produce approximately 3 cups of sprouted seeds after 2-6 days.